The Youth Leadership Intensive is a paid internship for students who are interested in learning how to raise their voices in a way that captures attention, engages many people, and ignites positive changes in our community, especially around issues of hunger and food security. YLI 2017 runs Tuesdays and Thursdays after school (plus two Saturdays and two overnights) from January 31st- March 30th.
Youth Leadership Intensive (YLI) participants can expect to:
- Retain and strengthen your own voice while working with others to develop a unified message about bringing healthy food to the community.
- Gain skills in public speaking, project planning, group facilitation and leadership.
- Equip yourself with the tools needed to campaign for the right to healthy food.
- Prepare to be a Cultivating Community Youth Grower or Grow Intern in the future.
- Try new things (cooking! snowshoeing!) and have a ton of fun with your peers!
If you have any questions or are interested in participating in the YLI, please contact Anna at [email protected]