Cultivating Community partners with the City of Portland to manage 11 community gardens located in neighborhoods throughout the City. View a map of garden locations.
Sign Up! Individual garden space is available to all Portland residents. When you sign up, your name will be added to the Portland Community Garden waiting list and we will send you a confirmation email. As soon as a garden plot becomes available, we will contact you. Click here to sign up!
How much does it cost?
- Garden plots cost $40 each year for a small plot (4’ x 15’ or smaller), or $60 each year for a large plot (10’ x 15’ or larger).
- If you are not able to afford this amount we have limited scholarship funds to offset the garden fee for people living on a low income. The reduced fee for qualifying gardeners is $15.
What resources are included?
- Compost and wood chips for your garden plot
- Access to a shed with garden tools available for your use
- Water provided during the growing season
- Community garden events and educational workshops
- Year-end pot luck gathering.
We also offer ongoing education to empower and educate anyone, including individuals who have never gardened, to sustainably grow their own food. These are free and open to everyone.
If you would like to receive an email about upcoming workshops (even if you are not interested in a community garden plot), email [email protected] and you will be added to the mailing list.