Cultivating Community welcomes interns and volunteers who wish to support some of the people, programs, and projects that are transforming the local, sustainable food system. We consider our interns and volunteers to be stakeholders in our organization and we seek to offer you a positive experience.
Please look over our website and consider the kind of work you’d like to do. Most options are seasonal (late spring, summer, and fall) and depend on need. Many opportunities are promoted on the Cultivating Community page on Facebook; please follow us.
- Working at Boyd Street Urban Farm in Portland and other area sites (email [email protected]).
- Organizing your coworkers or other group members to participate in your own Volunteer Workday at a farm site (contact [email protected]).
- Helping with our community gardens program (contact [email protected]).
- Supporting Cultivating Community’s garden-based and kitchen-based work in elementary schools (email [email protected]).
- Working with our teen youth programs (contact [email protected]).
- Contributing your cooking expertise, artistic talents, technical abilities, people/community outreach skills, or other special strengths to Cultivating Community’s food access programs or other projects (contact [email protected]).
- Working with refugee farmers at our largest farm site in Lisbon (email [email protected]).
- Setting up, hosting, and cleaning up at Cultivating Community’s Twilight Dinners, a series of local-foods dinners prepared by local chefs (email [email protected]; to the extent possible, all Twilight Dinner volunteers are warmly invited to eat with us).
- Hosting and helping out at other Cultivating Community events (email [email protected]).