Maine is the most food-insecure state in New England. At Cultivating Community, we mirror all our food-growing initiatives with a proliferating food access program consisting of:
- SNAP and WIC access at all farm stands and markets
- A network of farmer-managed farm stands and youth-powered mobile farm stand sites
- The Good Food Bus, a re-purposed school bus turned mobile food market
- Maine Harvest Bucks, an incentive program to help make healthy, locally-grown food more affordable
- A CSA with SNAP program to welcome EBT/SNAP (food stamps) recipients into our CSA
- Partnerships to encourage more eating of local foods in institutions that feed Maine people
- Senior Farm Share / Eldershare to deliver fresh produce to seniors through weekly farm shares and meals.