Since 2009, Fresh Start Farms has been a distributor of quality, Maine-grown vegetables, providing dependable delivery of fresh, healthy produce. Our vegetables are grown by new American farmers from around the world who’ve adapted their rich agricultural heritages to Maine’s climate and marketplace. Led by a two-person management team at Cultivating Community, the Fresh Start Farms food hub makes it easy for you to meet your local produce sourcing needs.
We source over 50 types of local vegetables including specialty, ethnic, and heirloom varieties. The produce is all natural and sustainably grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or fungicides.
Since coming to the United States, new American farmers have learned to grow dozens of new crop varieties, have adapted to Maine’s short growing season, and have learned how to market their produce to customers throughout Southern Maine.
We sell to all types of buyers, including:
- Public and private schools, colleges, and universities
- Summer camps
- Local grocers and specialty food stores
- Food banks and food pantries
- Caterers, fancy food events, culinary programs, and workshops
We know vegetable delivery is about more than just the fresh food. In addition, we are committed to the following principles:
- Food safety—our facilities have been constructed and are managed according to current food safety standards.
- Cold chain—with on-farm refrigeration and our refrigerated van, we maintain a cold chain from our pack station to your kitchen.
- Traceability—all cases are packed and labeled for full product traceability.
- Liability—we carry a $4 million liability policy.
Ordering & Delivery
We deliver in refrigerated vehicles Monday—Friday and maintain a cold chain from our pack station to your door.
We work with public schools and other service institutions to help you meet your unique pricing needs.
Our 2016 Wholesale Price List is below:
Contact [email protected] sign up for our weekly product availability emails.