Cultivating Community’s Twilight Dinners
“Eating is an agricultural act.” –Wendell Berry
Join Cultivating Community for one of your most delightful and delicious evenings this year!
Please take part in our 2016 season of casual dinners featuring produce grown by Youth Growers and New American farmers in Cultivating Community’s programs, as well as gorgeous ingredients from other Maine producers.
We eat every day but sometimes forget our joyful and restorative options for eating as we swim against a sea of processed products hyped for convenience and artificially low cost. With industrial agriculture. the essential nature of food, its capacity for grounding us in our humanity, our connection to the land, and each other can easily become lost.
At Cultivating Community, we build diverse community participation in food production, and, at the same time, we believe, along with Wendell Berry, that eating is an agricultural act. Sharing and eating locally grown food in each other’s company is at the heart of our mission. Over the years, we’ve developed a summer celebration that allows us to do just that.
Each Twilight Dinner is prepared by a southern Maine star chef. Your participation will not only support our work, but will also provide you with a unique and utterly memorable dining experience. The program for 2016 will continue in June and run through September. All dinners are on Sunday evenings at The Well at Jordan’s Farm in Cape Elizabeth. Here’s the schedule!
- Sunday, June 26th. Chefs Ilma Jeil Lopez and Damian Sansonetti of Portland’s fabulous Italian bistro, Piccolo. Beverages provided by Portland’s brand new Lone Pine Brewing Company. Additional valued sponsorship provided by the Maine Brew Bus.
- Sunday, July 17. Chefs Austin Miller and Hana Tamaki of Portland’s highly buzzed-about Japanese street-food style restaurant on wheels, the Mami Food Truck. Beverages provided by Rising Tide Brewing Company.
- Sunday, August 7. Chef Leslie Oster of the inimitable West End food venue, Aurora Provisions. Beverages provided by Allagash Brewing Company.
- Sunday, August 14. Chef Emmet Helrich of uber-cool and delicious Local 188 Restaurant and Lounge will be teaming with colleague Chef Paul Tuck of Sonny’s. Beverages provided by Bunker Brewing Company.
- Sunday, September 11. The Well’s own Chef Jason Williams will team with Chef Bryan Dane of Rosemont Market Productions to close out the 2016 Twilight Dinner Series with sumptuous local fare. Beverages provided by Oxbow.
Thank you in advance to all our brilliant and generous chefs and beverage purveyors.
To the southern Maine community of food-eaters, join us—and please share these opportunities with your friends.
To make your reservations, please visit our Brown Paper Tickets site here. Reserve early as dinners are likely to sell out.
Please call Lesley at 207 650-8889 if you have questions. We can’t wait to see you and to eat supper with you!