Fresh Start Farms CSA
2014 CSA registration is closed.
Registered summer members can sign up to continue with an autumn share by contacting email@example.com.
Cultivating Community connects you with farmers in Fresh Start Farms. Our organization manages CSA program administration and communication, while the farmers in Fresh Start Farms grow and deliver your produce!
Purchasing a Fresh Start Farms CSA share will:
- Directly support small-scale, immigrant and refugee farmers as they develop and manage their own farm-based businesses.
- Strengthen the local food system in Maine by participating in Cultivating Community’s work
By participating in our CSA, you’ll receive a share of the harvest every week. Each share is pre-packaged and includes 7-9 freshly-picked vegetables. Family shares are double the size of single shares. Shares will vary in composition each week based on seasonal availability. Although not certified organic, all produce is grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or fungicides. As a member, you'll also receive a customized tote bag, a welcome packet, cooking tips, and ethnic recipes.
You'll be matched up with one farmer all season. The farmers are Somali, Sudanese, Latino and Burundian growers who have recently resettled in Maine and are working to grow a stable farm income to support their families.
- Single share feeds one or two
- Family share feeds three or more
- Full Season (July 6—October 25, 16 weeks)
- Summer (July 6—August 30, 8 weeks)
- Autumn (August 31—October 25, 8 weeks)
- Auburn Farm Stand
- Auburn P&G (office delivery – employees and contractors only)
- Bath Farmers’ Market
- Damariscotta Farmers’ Market (SUMMER ONLY)
- Kennebunk Farmers’ Market
- Lewiston Bates College (office delivery – employees only)
- Lewiston Carbonite (office delivery – employees only)
- Lewiston the Dingley Press (office delivery – employees only)
- Lewiston Geiger (office delivery – employees only)
- Lewiston Farmers’ Market at Kennedy Park
- Lewiston Farmers’ Market at Bates Mill
- New Gloucester, Pineland YMCA
- Portland AVESTA housing office (office delivery - employees only)
- Portland East Bayside Farm Stand in Kennedy Park
- Portland Whole Foods Market Farm Stand
- Portland Munjoy Hill / East End
- Portland Farmers’ Market at Monument Square
- Portland Farmers’ Market at Deering Oaks
- Portland Maine Health (office delivery - employees only)
- Portland Mercy Hospital, State Street (office delivery - employees only)
- Portland Mercy Hospital, Fore River Pkwy (office dleivery - employees only)
- Portland Preti Flaherty (office delivery – employees only)
- Portland West End Farm Stand at Reiche School
- Portland YMCA on Forest Ave.
- Scarborough Farmers’ Market
- South Portland Farmers’ Market
- South Portland Farm Stand at Redbank/Brickhill
- South Portland Opportunity Alliance (office delivery - employees only)
- Westbrook Animal Refuge League (office delivery - employees and volunteers only)
- Westbrook IDEXX (office delivery - employees only)
If you have 8 or more people at your office/school/workplace, we would be glad to arrange a weekly CSA delivery there. Once we have confirmed a site's interest in delivery, we will add it to our online registration form.
- Single $275 full / $140 half season
- Family $550 full / $280 half season
- Check (made out to Cultivating Community)
- Paypal (plus processing fees)
- EBT/SNAP (plus CSA for SNAP registration form)