Fresh Start Farms CSA
Cultivating Community connects you with farmers in Fresh Start Farms. Our organization manages CSA program administration and communication, while the farmers in Fresh Start Farms grow and deliver your produce!
Purchasing a Fresh Start Farms CSA share will:
- Directly support small-scale, immigrant and refugee farmers as they develop and manage their own farm-based businesses.
- Strengthen the local food system in Maine by participating in Cultivating Community’s work
By participating in our CSA, you’ll receive a share of the harvest every week. Each share is pre-packaged and includes 7-9 freshly-picked vegetables. Family shares are double the size of single shares. Shares will vary in composition each week based on seasonal availability. Although not certified organic, all produce is grown without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or fungicides. As a member, you'll also receive a customized tote bag, a welcome packet, cooking tips, and ethnic recipes.
You'll be matched up with one farmer all season. The farmers are Somali, Sudanese, Latino and Burundian growers who have recently resettled in Maine and are working to grow a stable farm income to support their families.
- Auburn Farm Stand
- Augusta Viles Arboretum Farmers’ Market
- Bath Farmers’ Market
- Damariscotta Farmers’ Market (SUMMER ONLY)
- Kennebunk Farmers’ Market
- Lewiston Farmers’ Market at Kennedy Park
- Lewiston Farmers’ Market at Bates Mill
- Portland East Bayside Farm Stand in Kennedy Park
- Portland Whole Foods Market Farm Stand
- Portland Munjoy Hill / East End
- Portland Farmers’ Market at Monument Square
- Portland Farmers’ Market at Deering Oaks
- Portland West End Farm Stand at Reiche School
- Scarborough Farmers’ Market
- South Portland Farmers’ Market
- South Portland Farm Stand at Redbank/Brickhill
If you have 8 or more people at your office/school/workplace, we would be glad to arrange a weekly CSA delivery there. Once we have confirmed a site's interest in delivery, we will add it to our online registration form.
Single share feeds one or two
Family share feeds three or more
Full Season (July 6—October 25, 16 weeks)
Summer (July 6—August 30, 8 weeks)
Autumn (August 31—October 25, 8 weeks)
Single $275 full / $140 half season
Family $550 full / $280 half season
Check (sent to Cultivating Community at PO Box 3792, Portland ME 04104)
Paypal (plus processing fees)
EBT/SNAP (please complete CSA for SNAP registration form PDF)
Please complete a registration form as soon as possible - spaces are limited! Registration forms and payment are due by June 9th, 2014.
Questions? Contact Fresh Start Farms at Cultivating Community at email@example.com or call (207) 761-GROW. You can also become our friend on Facebook through Cultivating Community.